• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

It's official.....

WX2MIG

Still Alive & Well
Dec 10, 2008
39° 19' 23" N X 74° 36' 30" W
My re-entry back into HAM radio is finally official now that my Yaesu VX-170 arrived here yesturday. I was stuck at work for 24 hrs. and couldn't even open the box til this morning. I have to charge the battery for 10 hours before I can even turn it on, so I'll be taking it to work with me tomorrow, read the instruction book from cover to cover, then programing in all the frequencies I want. One of the area repeaters has a net tomorrow night, and with any luck I'll be able to hit the repeater with this 5w HT, and make my first official "check-in".......(y)

It's been 16 or 17 years since I transmitted over the HAM bands, do a lot of talking on the VHF Marine bands, and one or two frequencies on the VHF Emergency services band, but this will nice getting back on the HAM repeaters again.......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.