• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Jo Gunn smokin gunn II,can i make it better?

King Mudduck

FEAR THE DUCK!
May 6, 2005
285 South Western Virgina waving!
I have one of these www.jogunn.com - Smokin' Gun II

It was a freebie so i thought i would play around with it,got nothing else to do this weekend.

You see how the flat side part of the beam angles down rather than.....well a flat horizontal? I was wondering if i change the horizontal section to something like a moonraker,where it would be a real flat side and not something angled down. Would i gain performance or lose? I talk mostly ssb and although the antenna works fine as is, i wonder if there is room for improvement.

Thanks.

I know someone in my area that just bought one of those - new - and paid full pop for it. They are supposed to be able to be both horizontally and vertically polarized. Between the rotor and the antenna and new coax - I think he spent a mint!

Improving a JoeGunn? Why; how?
Doesn't it come with stainless steel hardware?
And a gamma match good for up to 3 kw?

I know someone in my area that just bought one of those - new - and paid full pop for it. They are supposed to be able to be both horizontally and vertically polarized. Between the rotor and the antenna and new coax - I think he spent a mint!

Improving a JoeGunn? Why; how?
Doesn't it come with stainless steel hardware?
And a gamma match good for up to 3 kw?

I just was wondering if i would gain anything changing it to what i would call a true flat side over what it is now. As i said, i'm board:sleep:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.