• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Johnson radio keyed for 9 hours straight?

:shock: A woman here in town went to bed at 12:15am and accidently hit the lock button on her microphone. It has been almost 9 hours straight that the Johnson mobile 40 channel SSB radio has been dead keying. How long should it hold out before it lets go? I have seen people's radios dead key for 2 hours with no problems, But I have never seen a 9 hour run. I hope her radio doesnt fry, Hopefully she will wake up and notice it is keyed. Will any permanent damage happen from being keyed that long?

(-: If she's got a great match ? there's a good chance it could go and go and go and go ........I've seen DK's on channels go for weeks at a time ....even with audio behind them (usually music) ......I never heard a change but it did look as if the carrier may have went down a S-Unit on so ........now if she has a bad match ? chances are the final will go bye bye fairly soon.......but as far as how long this could go on ? Your guess is as good as mine....seems like radio station out there go 365 days a year non-stop 24-7 ...Hmmmm ?

broncoman529 said:
:shock: A woman here in town went to bed at 12:15am and accidently hit the lock button on her microphone. It has been almost 9 hours straight that the Johnson mobile 40 channel SSB radio has been dead keying. How long should it hold out before it lets go? I have seen people's radios dead key for 2 hours with no problems, But I have never seen a 9 hour run. I hope her radio doesnt fry, Hopefully she will wake up and notice it is keyed. Will any permanent damage happen from being keyed that long?

If she hit the lock while on SSB, it could go on for quite awhile. Unless the mike picks up a lot of noise it's not going to stress the finals

One night about 8 years ago , there was this local CBer that everyone liked and got along with here . He was drinking a few beers and he passed out and hit the key-up ... no matter what any of us tried we couldn't wake him or get him to unkey the thing so ... he stayed keyed up for about the same amount of time , that is...until he came to the next morning ... lol

by the way ... just a piece of information , he was using a TRAM D-201 with a Sadelta desk-top mic at the time .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.