• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

kenwood tk-840 problem

GLR

Keeping It Good Natured
Oct 9, 2007
I've got a TK-840 here that has a slight issue. It powers up and transmits/receives just fine in talkaround mode but when running through a repeater the receive is distorted and sounds like it might be slightly off frequency. Everything is programmed correctly in the radio, I verified it three times and all of my other radios (motorola, kenwood, vertex, etc) are working just fine.

I assume the receive is just off on this radio but again it works fine in talkaround mode. Any ideas?

I'm just running the internal speaker right now, I tried 2 different externals and same issue. thanks

I'm not familiar with that radio, but if it's not receiving as 'clearly' in duplex mode as in simplex mode, then I would have to think the receiver isn't 'off-set' the correct amount, isn't on the repeater's transmit frequency. I have no idea if that radio allows a variable/variation in off-set frequencies so best read the manual about that part. I would also proceed sort of carefully, don't change things without noting the original setting. Saves a lot of guess work that way, right? Good luck.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.