• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TS 480HX

binrat

WDX Club Coordinator
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
The Great White north
Well, selling my 480 to put the funds for a KX-3.
Great shape, no issues TS-480HX. Comes with MB-480 kit, mic (no issues), cables, box. It has the "MARS mod" done by previous owner.
Asking $800 + shipping

Man binrat at that price someone should jump on it. Wish I could would love to have one!! Heard they rock even on AM, and that's unusual for an hf radio!!! Hope it sells man.

Reactions: binrat
Man binrat if I had the money I would scoop that in a heartbeat, can't understand how someone would spend 400-500 on an export when they could have a real radio!! That's the 200 watt model as well.

Man binrat if I had the money I would scoop that in a heartbeat, can't understand how someone would spend 400-500 on an export when they could have a real radio!! That's the 200 watt model as well.

Me too. I have been wanting another radio but the XYL would kill me right now. No actually she would almost kill me, perfom CPR, and bring me back (she is a nurse BTW), just so she could do it all over again and THEN kill me.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Me too. I have been wanting another radio but the XYL would kill me right now. No actually she would almost kill me, perfom CPR, and bring me back (she is a nurse BTW), just so she could do it all over again and THEN kill me.
That could be a good thing for her to keep her life saving skills up. I found a used KX-3 so I need to get rid of this radio or I would be in the same boat as you CK.

That could be a good thing for her to keep her life saving skills up. I found a used KX-3 so I need to get rid of this radio or I would be in the same boat as you CK.

Well my "boat" is going to Jamaica the end of next month and don't want her scuttling it before then if you know what I mean. Forty-nine more days to go so maybe after I get back I can entertain the thought of another radio.

Man CK guess there are some that just don't get the clue when ylu tell them spend a bit more than a bling bling export or get a real radio that will blow the pants off probably every export on the market on SSB, and they do good on am as well. I almost bought one about 4 months ago, it went for 840! Binrat is giving a heck of a deal man! JMO!!

Soneone got a good deal regardless! They will be happy I'm sure. Glad you got it sold man.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.