• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lightning

A lot of good info regarding lightning
not intirely acurate but mostly..

it has only been recently realised that lightning is the cause of more plane crashes then was thought
(especially from positive lightning which is about 8 to 100 times more powerfully and dangerous then the typical negitive lightning strikes we see and realise)

i thought i was nearly hit a couple of hours ago in very bad multible lightning strikes outside with my umbrella in a rather open area...to point where i was knocked over on the side walk having fealt heat seeing the strike and feeling my body tingle slightly all at the same time (was my 3rd way too close near miss lightning strike in my 44 yrs)

what i would like to figure out..

how to harness this massive energy as a power sourse

yeah but not much can be done with static electricity. Anyone ever seen the myth busters where they are testing the afects of lightning hiting phone lines while your talking on the phone and such? It would be neat to test antennas and lightning arestors where they did their test.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.