• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Look at this meter!

M

musky1963

Looks like a super nice meter. The $400 price tag is not really too bad, considering it has a ton of features. Look how much a bird costs and does not do nearly as much. What do you think? You can also download the manual on their site to check out how it works and how to set it up to suit you. All 14 reviews so far on eham have been a perfect 5. I like how the peak settings can be set for different speeds. What do you guys thinkl of this meter?

http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/powermaster.htm#top of page

that looks very nice indeed, i cant see it catching on, digital sampling does not have mechanical inertia and damping to skew your readings when trying to measure am power without a sample and hold circuit so it will never measure the same as a bird43 on anything but steady state signals and people wont believe ya, maybe it could be programmed to have a bird avg mode some form of sample and lag circuitry now that would be something :twisted:

Holy smokes can you say Dot Matrix? Looks nice. To be honest I wouldn't buy it simply because I would be content with a WM150. If I had the extra cash I would seriously contemplate the purchase of a Dot Matrix meter... Looks nice.

One good thing is the frequency range -- similar to the Diawa meters. If you operate all the HF bands up to 6 meters... I say go for it -- otherwise... The eye candy of a rack mount is for the purist at heart.

;)

Looks like a good system. Reminds me of the Wavenode system, which I use. I like the wavenode because it can be (with some extra circuitry) interfaced with Bird line sections. It also has the ability to monitor your station's supply voltage and current, plus it has numerous extra control and interface options.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.