• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Maco VQ3 V-Quad 11 meter antenna

VQ3 will work good at 12 foot above the ground. It's going to be less noisy than the four element. Depending upon the area you live in, the receiver noise could be a tremendous difference.

I just don't like the way they are assembled. The V shape is basically eyeballing it, and tightening the shape down with U bolts on a round boom. SmarTech Delta Loop(VQuad) antennas has a better design because of how the element to boom mounting plates set the angle of the V shape. Shipping from Italy though kills the deal for me.

Linked picture below of how the V shape is set on the SmarTech Delta Loops. Just way better quality than the Maco, but the weight goes up too.

Last edited:
Sounds good to me. That is what I was thinking on the VQ3.

VQ3 will work good at 12 foot above the ground. It's going to be less noisy than the four element. Depending upon the area you live in, the receiver noise could be a tremendous difference.

I just don't like the way they are assembled. The V shape is basically eyeballing it, and tightening the shape down with U bolts on a round boom. SmarTech Delta Loop(VQuad) antennas has a better design because of how the element to boom mounting plates set the angle of the V shape. Shipping from Italy though kills the deal for me.

Linked picture below of how the V shape is set on the SmarTech Delta Loops. Just way better quality than the Maco, but the weight goes up too.

yes, that is what i was worried about. all the weight on one side. maybe one could find a way to lock it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.