• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Made General on my first shot !!!!!!

FJR Predator

Jun 24, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I registered with Ham Testonline and a week later I passed the exams making it to General. I haven't gotten any equiptment yet but I'm researching now. I'll be looking foward to chatting with some of you guys and gals in the near future. I probably won't hit the register or get my call sign till next week.

Congrats on your General ticket, I passed my Tech, and missed General last month by two, after only a few hrs of studying on Ham test online. Taking my General next weekend.

Congrats, and welcome to a whole new world!

Even though it's been over 30 years ago now, one of the most exciting days of my life was the afternoon my novice ticket showed up in the mail, so I know how you feel!

Rick

Back in the day, as they say (whoever "they" are), I lived too far from an FCC office to take the General test, so I took the test for the Conditional license. Same test, just administered by a volunteer (just one, at least 18 years old and holder of at least a General AR license).

Passed with no problems.

About a year later, my family was vacationing in Long Beach CA and I got my dad to drive me up to Los Angeles so I could take my First Class Radiotelephone and Second Class Telegraph Commercial license tests, and I upgraded from Conditional to General on the same day.

Passed all three with no problems.

'Course, this was in 1960...:D

That was a BIG day for you then!

I got my first class phone when I was 16-- before I got my ham ticket, in fact. Unfortunately I didn't know about the lifetime First you could get and I was sent a lifetime General Radiotelephone. Haven't thought about that in years, it's in a box somewhere.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.