• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

mag mount screw on antenna connector?

towerdog

one-niner-seven
Nov 18, 2009
NC
There is a connector, that I have seen on many cheap mag-mount base loaded no-name antennas, that screws the antenna on to the base. It sort of resembles a PL259, but backwards, like a PL259 female on the outside but a male pin on the inside (mag base). and on the loading coil/antenna side, its like a PL259 male on the outside but female on the inside. :censored: like a reverse polarity PL259.

anyone know what the hell I am talking about. I would love to order this connector to build my own antennas from, kinda like a poor man's NMO mount, that is if this connector has an actual designation and is readily available not attached to a loading coil.

now picture an SO-239 jack, only the inside is like a PL-259.
my camera should be charged in a few hours and i have a picture

There is a connector, that I have seen on many cheap mag-mount base loaded no-name antennas, that screws the antenna on to the base. It sort of resembles a PL259, but backwards, like a PL259 female on the outside but a male pin on the inside (mag base). and on the loading coil/antenna side, its like a PL259 male on the outside but female on the inside. :censored: like a reverse polarity PL259.

anyone know what the hell I am talking about. I would love to order this connector to build my own antennas from, kinda like a poor man's NMO mount, that is if this connector has an actual designation and is readily available not attached to a loading coil.
Did you ever find out? I have one like that, too.

Just a heads up that you are replying to a 13 year old thread and the OP hasn't been here for a couple years...........

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.