• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

magnum 257hp?

BammBamm

Instigators ...173 on the southside.
May 24, 2010
Steger,Illinois
Yesterday morning I got in my truck at 4am to go hunting and turned on my magnum 257hp only to watch the display scroll and flash for like a minute before settling on a freq. It was 27 degrees and the radio was left in the truck from 9pm the night before. Is this normal as I have never seen it do this before and it seems to be working fine now. I didn't think this radio would be affected by temp like this.

Still working O.K. I am now not leaving it in the truck when cold, I only did it so I wouldn't have to install it at 4am when I left to go hunting.

Yea here in Indiana during the winter months I usually warm the car up before I even turn the radio on.

I haven't run across this problem with mine yet, thanks for the heads up, at least now I know to warm up the truck, and 9c1driver, you are correct it's COLD up here, I am in the Baltimore area truck says 32 degrees this morning. Stay warm and god bless.

I use mine in rental cars, and yeah... it does it in really cold weather. Once the car (and radio) are warmed up, it works just fine.

RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.