• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

mcafee

bob85

Supporting Member
Mar 30, 2005
england
i have a friend in scotland, when he tries to view this forum his mcafee adviser says this is a dodgy site and wont let him get on here, does anybody know why its telling him that?

thanks.

the admin of this site can contact McAfee and have this site listed as safe. we run into this every once in a while on the security forums I admin and moderate on. McAfee site advisor is updated by normal users clicking the unsafe button in the site advisor GUI. And if McAfee receives a set amount of reports on a specific site it is listed as unsafe. But fortunatly it can be corrected by the owner or admin of WWR contacting them.

skipper1

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/worldwidedx.com

"When we browsed this site, it made unauthorized changes to our test PC."
the problem WHEN the site was last checked was: all1count.net

Browser Exploit

the solution for the end user of the wwrf site is to:
disconnect all1count.net @ 127.0.0.1 / localhost.

127.0.0.1 www.all1count.net
127.0.0.1 all1count.net

secure windows network bindings
disassociate all .vbs files from Windows Scripting Host

antivirus is a waste of time, money and cpu resources.

Last edited:
I'm like freecell on this one, the problem I have with anti-virus products is their heavy resources use. Over time running on a computer the software seems to squeeze and squeeze until hardly nothing is working.

Admittedly, with newer and faster computers it is hard to really tell, but it is still going on no matter.

I don't run AV any more. An old Italian guy comes by ever once in a while and I give him $50 and he guaranties that nothing bad will happen to my computer.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.