• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MFJ-868B Giant Meter

I completely redid the lighting in mine and added a toggle switch on the back just for turning the internal meter the lights on and off.

swr set

needle is hard to get in to swr set pos.
moves around a lot wont stay on the set mark mic. gain off?
other than that I like mine

needle is hard to get in to swr set pos.
moves around a lot wont stay on the set mark mic. gain off?
other than that I like mine

I didn't have any issues like that. I did notice that it requires about 4 watts to set the needle for SWR. Anything lower and it wouldn't calibrate.

I have the 801HP.

BTW, is that the missus?

lol

Cool... I have looked at the 801HP plenty of times. Still haven't pulled the trigger on one. Was thinking about the Autek, until I saw they went out of business. Have also been considering one of the LDG tuners with outboard analog meter as well. It's all a moot point right now, 'cause I have to pay the tax man!

And no, that's not the Mrs. LOL

Brett

I've owned gobs of meters over the years, but the Daiwa is, I think, the most bang for the buck. I'm pretty partial to it. Looks good, built good and is accurate enough for my simple needs.

I'm also partial to this big ass meter as well.

Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.