• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Missing tower, been missing, gofundme fraud?

How the hell do you get away with a 200 foot tower without being detected, someone must have wondered.

I bet that $60k gets spent on a long wire up in the trees and a 100w transmitter to satisfy the license requirement. His pocket will take the rest. If somehow they don't shut down that fundraiser, Brett needs to realize people will be watching to see how he spends it. I don't see that guy suddenly giving a $#it after lying to people to get money and succeeding. Time will tell I guess.

Just keep in mind the kind of station you could set up for $60k, lol. With $60k, half in the tower/cable/ground plane, half in the rig, pretty sure I could turn off the bowl. There will be no room for excuses if he gets that money.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
How the hell do you get away with a 200 foot tower without being detected, someone must have wondered.
Never underestimate how oblivious and unobservant the average person is. Most people don't even notice what's going on in there immediate environment let alone anywhere further away !
As well, if the person or persons who stole the tower arrived in a van and are seen wearing hi-vis vests and have other tools, people generally assume they are supposed to be there (even if they're not).
This is common in the London England pirate radio scene where transmitters are located on tops of tall buildings. The pirate techs dress as elevator repairmen and happily go about installing transmitters and other equipment unhindered.....

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.