• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

mod swing

Tell the "big guns" to get their radios fixed and turn down the amps. Around here we call them gator stations. All mouth and no ears.:LOL:

PR

Tell the "big guns" to get their radios fixed and turn down the amps. Around here we call them gator stations. All mouth and no ears.:LOL:

PR
Yep.
Haven't heard that expression used in years.
"Alligator Stations; all mouth and no ears..."

Grandpaclint:
Aren't you using an IMAX antenna and have it ~36 ft off of the ground to the feedpoint of the antenna - out in the desert as I recall? Using decent coax?

I run the same thing, and have talked all over the US, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii (again today as a matter of fact), Mexico, and Brazil (less than a week ago). If it has a good SWR and is up high enough - it should work great for an antenna that cost less than a $100. I surely wouldn't fault those radios either; they should be just fine. You might consider a little amp and matching power supply if you want to be a bit louder. Shouldn't be much of a problem with few people around.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.