• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My tiny station

2M Guy

Jan 31, 2006
untitled9dy.jpg

Icom IC-2200H. 65W output, digital ready. Little radio, lots of features. Set to the Valparasio, IN repeater in the pic. RX's from 118Mhz to 174Mhz. TX can be set to go from 136Mhz to 174Mhz.

dscf05108zp5mi.jpg

2M JPole. Cost 12$ to make, can hit repeaters 50 miles away.

Making a five element quad, oughta get me farther yet.

Pickup truck has an Icom IC-2000 with a Hustler 5/8 wave antenna. The 2200H is a much better radio, but I see the 2000's go for almost as much as a new 2200H on ebay. :?

So much for the Hustler. It was called a "Buck Buster". Big storms through here made a bunch of branches hang low on the county roads. The antenna met an "Antenna Buster". :cry:

Still could hear with the wire from the coil sticking up, though.

dscf05326df.jpg

2MG looks good my friend. I am now using an icom ic2100 rig in my truck and love this radio, it's compact,easy menu,NO intermod,lots of features. I have replaced my yaesu ft2400 for the icom with no regrets.

surely the fun of the hobby , these guys get away with murder !! talk all over the world on pieces of wire !! inverted V's and what not !! Boy I took some kind of wrong turn some 20 years ago . It's all good.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.