• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need an Antenna

CB RADIO FREQ

Apr 1, 2013
hello everyone i am going camping next weekend and want to take my handheld cb radio, but my problem is that i cant take a full size antenna with a big ground wire and hang it in a tree. So instead i thought of using a telescopic antenna with a loading coil to tune it but i dont know what kind of load to put on it that would compensate for the length and the ground. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

telescopic antenna length= around 3.5 feet

hello everyone i am going camping next weekend and want to take my handheld cb radio, but my problem is that i cant take a full size antenna with a big ground wire and hang it in a tree. So instead i thought of using a telescopic antenna with a loading coil to tune it but i dont know what kind of load to put on it that would compensate for the length and the ground. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

telescopic antenna length= around 3.5 feet

When you go camping, leave all the electronic gadgets at home.....it's camping!

Make yourself a dipole and hang it up between 2 trees. Very simple to make, or very inexpensive to purchase as well. JMO.

i already have made a 1/4 wave dipole but its kind of big so i was trying to make something that would use a telescopic antenna and have no ground plane.

I think I posted this in your other post,, its probly the simplest antenna you can make and actually be usable, camping and no trees to hang something in??

Attachments

• 12673d1394572341t-antenna-thought-coax-20antenna.jpg
    12673d1394572341t-antenna-thought-coax-20antenna.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 62

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.