• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Anytone AT-588UV VHF/UHF Mobile

Why is it that almost all hams are so quick to shout vaporware anytime something doesnt come out when they expect it to? There was never even a release daye specified. Besides, delays are a normal part of development, i dont see why everyone gets so surprised and upset when they happen, its a part of the delopment process. Besides, would you rather have them release a subpar buggy product, or delay the release a little bit and fix everything.
Everyone needs to stop being so negative and give the manufacturers a chance to just do there thing, and when the radio is finally ready, then it will be released.

:roll:

Why is it that almost all hams are so quick to shout vaporware anytime something doesnt come out when they expect it to? There was never even a release daye specified. Besides, delays are a normal part of development, i dont see why everyone gets so surprised and upset when they happen, its a part of the delopment process. Besides, would you rather have them release a subpar buggy product, or delay the release a little bit and fix everything.
Everyone needs to stop being so negative and give the manufacturers a chance to just do there thing, and when the radio is finally ready, then it will be released.

Because the days of the model of business where you announce a new technology product, announce a ship date, and then don't deliver ended in the early 90's. In this case, the product was released, they took my order, took my cash, and even sent me a ship date which was BOGUS.

For comparison: Apple just announced the new iPad mini, a new iPod, and a new iMac. They announced a delivery date. They're going to deliver on the date promised. Microsoft just announced presale and delivery dates of the new Surface. They are going to deliver, too. All of these products are in the same general price point of ham gear. A lot of Amateur Radio product companies could learn something from other tech companies. Consumers are used to tech companies that know how to deliver when they say they are going to deliver.

Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.