• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New ID-880H D-Star issues

KC2JDR

Nov 12, 2016
Hello all! David here (Arkie in NJ). I'm new to D-Star and just can't get this to work. My call has been registered. I've installed the CS-80/880 software. I can program the radio with the typical simplex and duplex stations. But D-Star is leaving me scratching my head. I've watched all the videos I can. Watched a 3 part/3 hr segment on it. A prepper's vid, and many on the HT versions. I've managed all my "UR calls" (e, i, u, cqcqcq, etc) with 8th space appropriate. I'm well within range (7m, 15m, 16m) but I cannot hit them. Perfect antenna match and I hit further standard repeaters no problem. I'm missing something in the basic program. There's got to be an option that I'm not set to. Anyone have the same issue with a cure? I know this is a "duh" moment.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: