• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Toy Sirio Gain-Master

Nice looking antenna.

What's a "cotton picka"?

The Urban Dictionary says something that I don't think you mean.

cotton-picker nigger
1. cotton-picker

A racist slur to represent a black person, or person of African heritage......this word is used because in the Age of Our Founding Fathers, when blacks were slaves, they were known to mostly pick cotton.
"Stop picking on me you fuckin' cotton-picker!"
by Dave May 13, 2004 share this

I guess I'll have to ask my black family members if they find it offensive.

I doubt you mean to be out of line, it just puzzles me.

Nice looking antenna.

What's a "cotton picka"?

The Urban Dictionary says something that I don't think you mean.

I guess I'll have to ask my black family members if they find it offensive.

I doubt you mean to be out of line, it just puzzles me.

No way that is to funny i watched the video but didnt have speakers on, but somehow I knew he said "cotton picka"...

I could hear it now

"well well well cotton picka's lordy lordy looks like 40 got's a new antenna

Every word has origins. Many no longer mean what they once did. cotton picka doesn't mean anything more than gizmo, thinga majig, or doodad. It can also mean, fellow, dude, or bro'.

I believe my photo is posted in my profile. I've never picked cotton, but my parents did, and so has my son worked in cotton fields. See it doesn't mean anything with respect to what may have been its origins.

How about this John Deere 7760 cotton picka? as a Southerner might refer to a Cotton Picker.

cottonpicka.jpg

4040 the part that is said to be deformed on arrival is where the red coax comes out of the FG section with the coil on the opposite end. Where the coax bends over. You were lookin' at the wrong end "cotton picka".

It has more than one meaning as it was used to refer to both slaves, and to describe poor whites who generally had the worst job back in the time, working in the cotton fields.
Todays usage is not the same.
On a side note......
California has an incredible amount of agriculture in the central valley, and cotton was, and still is a big thing.
It was very common to see whole family's regardless of race "chopping cotton" in the 50`s n 60`s
You had to first thin the cotton out, removing any weeds.
Then several weeks later, you would have to go in and weed again.
Everything is mechanized now, but it was all hand labor then, with a hoe.

The worst part is....i can remember it.

Jeff
"Just an Mean Old Cotton Picker"

Every word has origins. Many no longer mean what they once did. cotton picka doesn't mean anything more than gizmo, thinga majig, or doodad. It can also mean, fellow, dude, or bro'.

I believe my photo is posted in my profile. I've never picked cotton, but my parents did, and so has my son worked in cotton fields. See it doesn't mean anything with respect to what may have been its origins.

How about this John Deere 7760 cotton picka? as a Southerner might refer to a Cotton Picker.

cottonpicka.jpg

How about the name Cotton Chopa? I'm Caucasian born and raised in Tunica Co Ms. and have chopped cotton and picked many a bale of cotton only with an International cotton picking machine and if were to call one of the black guys I worked with a Cottan Picka I would have had a fight on my hands but if that phrase was black on black then it's totally ok, hahah talk about double standards.

13 and his buddy just like to start Shit

I don't understand that as well. No matter, I'll follow up on asking others.

Back to the topic, I'd like to hear how it works and the price.

Some of y'all must not spend any much time on the CB if you don't know these terms. I hear them every cotton pickin' day :D

Maybe some of you are alligator stations. All mouth and no ears. Perhaps you could make use out of a new toy Sirio Gain Master antenner so you could hear things on your raydiddios.

Cotton Picker
Cotton Chopper
Jap Snapper
Snuf Skeeter
Duck Plucker
Sidewalk Sissy

I'm sure there's others.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.