• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No DX Recv.

Coax Kid

May 5, 2006
Hi Guys
I'm having a problem hearing dx with my radio, I can get out to talk to them but can't hear them. I have co-phase with two francis 4.5', I have a good match and I don't why I can't hear DX.

Thanks
Coax kid

um, if you cant hear them, how do you know you are getting out to them?

most likely the reason you cant hear any DX is because we are at the bottom of the sunspot cycle.

LC

Hi Guys
I'm having a problem hearing dx with my radio, I can get out to talk to them but can't hear them. I have co-phase with two francis 4.5', I have a good match and I don't why I can't hear DX.

Thanks
Coax kid
Because there is none to be had if you're speaking about cb radio or 11 meters, 20/40 and 80 meters have some propagation during the day into the evening but 20/ and 40 drop out about dark 30 here.

When bands like 11m (CB) and 10m don't have propogation to support dx, other bands that are available to hams do support dx. If you're interested in talking to others across the country and world, it really is worth it to spend just a little time studying for the ham tests. You'll be surprised how much more radio there is out there that is available to you.

Hi Guys

Thanks
Coax kid

My dummy load is a dandy "load", but it doesn't transmit or receive very well. Just because you have low SWR doesn't guarantee anything.

And as Loosecannon asked, if you can't hear them, how do you know they can hear you?

RX Problem

Hi Guys
I'll try to show you what I mean, Let's say that John and Frank are talking, John is about five miles from me and Frank is about forty five miles alway. Both have base Sta. I can hear John but not Frank. I call in for a BREAK and John says go ahead, I can talk and revc. from John with no problem, Can't hear Frank, But Frank can hear me, cuz John will ask Frank if he can hear me and Frank will say yes, John will relay the message to me.
Thats what is going on, I don't know why this, If you guys can help that would be great.

Thanks
Coax Kid

Hi Guys
I'll try to show you what I mean, Let's say that John and Frank are talking, John is about five miles from me and Frank is about forty five miles alway. Both have base Sta. I can hear John but not Frank. I call in for a BREAK and John says go ahead, I can talk and revc. from John with no problem, Can't hear Frank, But Frank can hear me, cuz John will ask Frank if he can hear me and Frank will say yes, John will relay the message to me.
Thats what is going on, I don't know why this, If you guys can help that would be great.

Thanks
Coax Kid

It is just simple use of common sense. Frank might just have a crappy transmitter and you might a poor receiver.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.