• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Not being received?

parttimehammer

Jun 26, 2011
Hey all,

I've had a Wouxun radio for about a month now, had the WinSystem and Catalina repeaters set in memory and have been able to talk on them in the past, but recently, as of a few days ago, whenever I transmit no one seems to be receiving me. These channels are in memory so no settings have been changed, but just wondering whats up?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

No, I don't get any kind of signal when I end my transmission. I used to, just don't any more. Not sure if its the repeater or my device. Any way I can test it?

If you are not hearing the repeater tail when you release the key either your radio is not set right or the repeater(s) are down.

Can you manually enter the repeater output frequency? If so do that and see if you hear anyone on the repeater.

Ya, I have set the freq for 147.210 + .6 offset PL code of 100.0. The input and output freqs are what they should be, I can hear others on the repeater so I am guessing it is up, it just seems like no one can hear me. I don't quite get it b/c it was working a few days ago just fine.

If you are not hearing the repeater tail then, you are never opening it up. Sounds like you are not transmitting at all. No carrier, no tone, etc.

Light means you have the key depressed. If no output at antenna, no radio. If you have a friend with another radio it shouldn't be hard to test.

Nope, no scanner. I just managed to hit the catalina repeater but i was told I was coming in weak. Is it possible that weather is messing with my transmissions and its all working just not right now?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.