• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

other digital modes?

Digital modes -SSTV-CW-PSK-HELL-OLIVIA-CHIP-DOMINO.......

well I think that would be a good Idea, could call it, cw -digital modes forum,I know a lot of folks are interested in the new modes .and I operate most of them,I like fm hell a lot and psk cALL IT ( DIGITAL MODES-SSTV-CW) can I still be a Moderator,That would be nice,Good Idea Moleculo! :D 73

DE-K8PG-PAUL CW LIVES

Well, I know a lot of guys (like me), aren't big on CW, even though I passed the tests...but there are some really cool digital modes. PSK31 is just awesome in my book...

Anyone try D-Star?

I have an Icom 2200H that just needs a board for it.

Is anyone on board with it yet?

The board for my radio costs more than the radio.

I'd hate to pay for it, only to find out it isn't used around here.

Guess I'll have to start going to meetings.

I would like to hear about RTTY and PSK31.

I use psk31 occasionally...only cost me a couple bucks to interface the radio to computer. My rig has the port for external connections though. That's a different ballgame than your 2200h tho...

I think that a bit of re-thinking is due here. The 'computer based radio' isn't a 'new' idea, it's been around for a few years (Ten-Tec). It also isn't a new 'mode', as the word mode implies. It certainly is a sort of new way of producing the same old modes, and not a bad idea if you happen to have the 'extra' computer laying around to use as a radio. Having a 'radio' available while you work/play with a computer is also a nice thing to have, to some point. That 'point' mainly being how well that computer can multi-task and if you can also have available all the other circuitry and things needed for the 'radio' part. You got all that stuff? Great, knock your self out with it! If not, and even if you do have it, get ready for a whole new 'set' of failure problems (including $$$ :)).
- 'Doc

[Being in the process of getting a laptop to work reliably in a vehicle (dealing with some radio 'stuff') I'm finding that new 'set' of problems to be quite a bit of "fun" (observe the quotation marks around 'fun'). Oh, the joys of dealing with RF and computers! And I thought that same phenomenon with the computer at home was "fun".]

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.