• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PA System

R

rexfarms

My name is Nicholas and I'm new here. I have no experiance with CB but I'd like to get started. What I would like is a PA/loudspeaker system in my Jeep. I live in California and I need to know if something like this is illegal. If its not, I think the most simple way to do this is through CB. I understand that I could install a speaker (how many watts would I need?) and put a CB radio on PA mode and transmit sound? Is this corrent? Any help would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks a lot. :?:

K first off welcome to the forum. Second i think PA speasker will only hold 12 watts. (Correct me if im wrong) Im not familiar with the law in California since im in nebraska but i think they ARE illegal. Im not sure but i think someplace on e-bay they had something about cal. and pa speakers and he wouldnt sell them any. Im not for sure. Just someone thinking but not knowing the facts per-say :) Hope you enjoy your stay and before i forger please pay your bill at the front desk. Thank you. :D CDX197

Where in Cali are you? I also have a Jeep and am in SoCal. I'm not sure, but I don't think mobile PA systems are illegal in the country, but just in cities or well populated areas. I could be wrong, so it's worth checking into. If you're using it on ranch or farm land, I don't see why anyone would care, and I can think of several good uses in that circumstance. Never the less, I don't believe it's illegal to set one up, even in the city....just iillegal to use one. A CB with a loudspeaker is a good way to do it....most CB's (Cobra 29's etc.) have a PA output on the back. Just plug and play....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.