• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Paint

solderjerk

May 4, 2007
Shingletown Ca.
I'm getting ready to build an 11 meter 4 element beam and want to know if its okay to paint it. I live in the cedars and pines and don't want "Charlie" to find it. Stupid question I know, but somebody might have heard a few myths. Thanks. (BTW) green of course. :p

As long as there's no metal in the paint, or it's not conductive, it ought'a work just fine.
- 'Doc

When you try to hide things, you know there's something 'not right' about it somehow. Painting it a nice bright 'shocking pink' works wonders.

should the antenna be sanded first to give the paint something to adhere to . not that im painting mine but paints normally dont do well on smooth surfaces , dirty surfaces or surfaces with body oils (sweat & finger prints) .

maybe ill paint my 10k gold.........will that make it a 14k ?????

LOL @ W5LZ

Or... you could wrap each element/part of the antenna in very fine cop~per screen. Keeps all that stray RF from leaking off.
- 'Doc

I'll check it out and see if there's some kind of silicon or plastic spray on colored coating. That would be nice, to keep your antenna from oxidizing. I'll give it some more thought.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.