• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar amps / black cat

heffer

Dec 5, 2013
I picked up a palomar 450HD amp just a short time ago. I am looking to find another, but the LD model. Things are looking scarce from where I got them. Looks like the feds have shut a few carriers down. Please don't be like everyone and say how crappy they are....... yes, I am not spending 4K on an amp. Does anyone have any good links for these (P.M. if you do).

Was also looking in black cat 600...... any thoughts to these?

Reactions: 1 person

Palomar @ GI Joes

I've bought from gi joes several times. Fast service and reliable. This model is the 250 but he might have or can get the 450.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 17
I picked up a palomar 450HD amp just a short time ago. I am looking to find another, but the LD model. Things are looking scarce from where I got them. Looks like the feds have shut a few carriers down. Please don't be like everyone and say how crappy they are....... yes, I am not spending 4K on an amp. Does anyone have any good links for these (P.M. if you do).

Was also looking in black cat 600...... any thoughts to these?

Remember that 90% of all small cb amps have HD stamped on them so they sell better. I assume your 450 has four 1446 finals, all the one's pictured above are ther new mosfet amplifiers. The blue face Palomars are the best of the breed. If you want a true HD amplifier check out the TnT 350 in the link below, much better quality then any new Palomars.

TNT

Reactions: 1 person
any other suggestions perhaps to amps. Looking to run it off a 2950 / 2510 type radio

With such good SSB radio's a Palomar would not be my first choice. You will want class B or AB. Most of the black face Palomar amps are class C even though they stamp AB on them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.