• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar ELITE 400 HD input wattage?

I'm just not seeing that. I have had Rat Shack radio's that would swing maybe 5 watts from a 3 watt dead key. Any amplifier I ran it into would not even hit half the normal peak wattage. There is no way a pep wattage or 3 will drive a Palomar 4 pill to 360 watts.
I agree I have a Palomar 450hd now in my mobile I'm running it with it's own battery in the trunk my rci ranger 2950 DX is running from the AGM battery in the front ran all new 8 gauge wiring good ground ,on low it gives 150 with deadkey of 2 watts,on medium 225, but when I put it on hi it won't go past 250. Can't seem to figure out why.also it's iny mobile but still I should be getting at least 325 to 350 on hi

On what kind of wattmeter?

A peak-reading meter's indication will be different from an average-reading meter.

If removing the cover reveals any components that appear overheated or burned, that's where the troubleshooting normally begins.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.