• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PAPA System

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Hi, I recently Created a user ID on the site and forum. I can't seem to find where the ANALOG repeater list is. I found that it is $125.oo Memebership to be apart of the system? not sure if that's right. That is a lot of money:blink:

Anyone else a part of this system?
Getting really bored with local repeaters, it doesn't seem to be that active and it comes in in waves..pfft. But the PAPA System is usually going good everyday.

The PAPA System is a community of 300+ radio amateurs enjoying the use of twenty-two (22) inter-linked analog and digital D-Star repeaters

Duh. Did you not read what I said ? Where is the repeater list ?? If I cant find it I am going to saftely assume I have to be a payed member to take part in repeater access.

Duh. If you don't have a D-star radio; then what is the point of the repeater list? It is digital; not analog!

Duh. the owner said there is access via analog if one doesnt have d star.
Since I can't find the repeaters ill just scratch the idea of accessing them.

Did you look on the map on their front page? It shows the list and locations of the analog and digital systems:

PAPAMap.jpg

Did you look on the map on their front page? It shows the list and locations of the analog and digital systems:

PAPAMap.jpg

That's the first thing I saw but no pl tones or rx numbers. The current list of repeaters I jave in all my radios are not linked to d-star. The only time I hear papa sys is when I am scanning 300Mhz.

Hi, brand new here and new to ham in general. But I happen to have signed up to the papa system as a guest. Once you do, and then log in, there are a couple of documents you get access to, one of them lists theirs analog repeaters and pl tone info. The other is their rules.

$120.00 / year is a lot of money, but it works out to $10.00/month. I'm still thinking about whether it's a good value or not too. Hope that helps.

It appears that the 'PAPA' is a closed system or closed repeater system. If joining such a closed system is of benefit then do so. If not, then why bother? Up to you...
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.