• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Power

you can but its better to have your amp fused at the battery and have a seperate radio lead so it can be fused at the battery. some peopel fuse at the radio but i had a amp wire start on fire 7 years ago in my '78 ford. if i had fused at the battery and not the amp it would not have happened. killed most of the interior (i was working) but someone told me and i put it out before the truck recieved any real dammage to the truck. small 2 pill NO-NAME was lost along with a cobra 148gtl. i still dont know why the wire started, it must have shorted somewhere (casing was long gone when i got to it) but i didnt have it exposed anywhere, i came into the cab threw the firewall with a gromet, it was not exposed to any sharp edges.

oh well live and learn, now the radio is fused at the battery and i have a large 2 gauge wire fused from the battery into the cab with a fused distrbution block 1 terminal is for my subs, and the other was for my amp (i run barefoot now). i also ran a 2nd 4 gauge wire into the can for the 4 channel amp for my doors and rear speakers.

Thanks,
The main lead is fused at the battery, I was thinking of splitting off (fused) to power the radio just for simplicities sake.
One less lead under the hood. I didn't know if this would cause any signal interference/noise.

I will agree fusing amp/radio wires from the battery is a good idea. 20 years now and i've never done that )-: , but I have also never ran big watts to say that I have but even still ,would always make damned sure my wires from the battery were protected from harms way (guess this is why I have been fortunate over the years ?) strange ? I always have fuse holders laying around all over the place ..go figure ? I do have double fuses on both -/+ of radio and amp. I suppose sometimes you just have to be one of the unlucky ones after losing an amp and a radio to no fuses inline at the battery. )-:That old saying can surely apply here ......better safe then sorry. To answer your question here ..YES you can run both amp and radio from your battery. Good Luck to you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.