• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

president 2510 help/advise no tx audio

triple5usb

Sep 17, 2013
home same as you!
hi

can anybody advise please? my 2510 i dragged out from years of storage to sell it and it seems just fine on rx tx and i can hear the beep working when i unkey but i cant hear any modulation audio from myself when transmitting.

i dont think its the mic but it was one i borrowed and a proper president ch up/down type.

i also tried another power mic and same problem but i have no idea if either mic are in perfect working order as i have no other radio that fits that mic plug to test.

i was going to sell this radio but would prefer it all working as it used to for the new owner plus i might use it myself for a while as iv got that ,,itch,, to dx again without splashing out on another alinco or icom

i am capable of fixing these things but i would prefer somebody else look who really knows these sets or maybe advise me what to do.

i am near mentor ohio if anybody can help/advise please. many thanks

If you've checked the mic gain on the radio and it is up, chances are there might be microphone issues. The other president mic may not be wired for this radio (do the channel buttons work on this mic?) and if any of the ones you tried are amplified, check the battery inside. The reason I don't think it's in the radio is because the roger beep is modulating the transmitter. If it's in the radio the most likely thing would be bad connections on the inside of the mic jack or a damaged mic gain control.

hi sw

yes the mic i tried was for an identical radio but i havent tested it on another radio and yes the ch up/down worked and the cable/plug all looked good though i know they can break inside.
as for the other mic it acted just the same but i never tested the battery
and yes i can hear the bleep and see the mod meter go up but not when i talk.
the mic gain is an in/out style and didnt seem to change anything

is there a simple test to see if its internal or external (mic) fault? apart from re wiring another mic to try? its just as though the mod audio has been turned down inside to zero

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.