• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President George

Johnny

Sep 27, 2010
Hi,
I've bought a used President George CB radio but I can't put it in export mode,
I've tried a lot of times to do these instructions :

a) Turn your set on by pushing POWER.
b) Turn your set off by pushing POWER,
c) Depress POWER and keep pressed down. Your set goes on and then goes off.
d) Keep POWER depressed and press PA and DIMMER simultaneously.
e) Release POWER after 5 sec. while keeping PA and DIMMER pressed down: ''codE'' flashes in the display for 5 seconds.
f) ''codE'' disappears and the display remains lit up.
g) Release PA and DIMMER.
h) Press M1

But impossible to put in in export mode, when the "codE" should dissapear, on mine it stays blinking.

Do you know what can I do ?

Thank you very much

From: Amateur and CB Radio mods, add on boards, alignments, diagrams, manuals and repair

NOTE: if your radio does not change even after trying a few times, it may be that a modification may need to be performed first, see below, this is from the World Wide Radio Forum:D, and was posted by Rogerbird.

Check this:

* Remove The 8 cover screws from the sides of the radio.
* The black plastic front panel is attached at the top and bottom with 3 clips. Remove all the knobs then Remove the front panel carefully.
* Disconnect the Red and White wire connector from the MIC jack board and the 2 white flat ribbons that come from the main PCB
* Remove the two screws that hold the Display PCB to the chassi.
* Slide now carefully, without bowing, the PCB free from its retaining tabs.
* Locate on the back of the pcb the processor IC701 (UNIDEN UC1520).

See if there is a resistor soldered in a plastic tube or heat shrink across the bottom side of the Processor.

It should go between the 2 square pads on either end of the bottom row of pins. (there is also 2 square pads on the either end of the top row of pins.)

The bottom row is the row with the case indent marking where pin1 is.

This is the conversion for the George that brings it out of conventional mode.

If the resistor is not there that may be why your not getting any freq's.

Hi,
thank you for your answer but I already read that, I looked on the circuit board but the resistor in a transparent plastic tube as said is already there.
Should I add one or short something to make it able to put in export mode ?
Thanks.

Sorry I did not understand before this moment,
So yes I should solder a resistor, do you know what resistor it is ?
And when he say "Remove all the knobs then Remove the front panel carefully"
How to remove the knobs, just by pulling on them ?

Thanks

Hello,
I succeeded to take out the PCB of the front panel but now I have another problem, where it is written IC701 it is under the LCD screen and there isn't any microprocessor, on the other side of the PCB there is microprocessor but not any IC701,
Do you know where it is located, and where to where should I solder a resistor ( I read it is a 560 Ohms 1/4W 5% resistor )

Thank you very much !

I found what resistor to put and where to solder it and I succeeded !! Now it works very very well ! I'm very happy thank you very much !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.