• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Grant

Oldtimer

May 20, 2008
Stuart Florida
Hello to all.
I have a chance (which I will probably take ) of getting a
President Grant export radio with dual finals for $60.00 in great shape.
I friend of mine in NJ has it and I wont be going up from Missouri till March.
He says it is in beautiful shape.
Can anybody supply any info or pictures about this radio like how many watts is puts out,
what finals are in it stock, etc.
Can't find too much info on the web.
Thanks

I think the black face grant is a myth. When there was a President importer back in the lat 90s based out of Indianapolis, I asked him about this. He said President was thinking about making black face Grants but decided to only do the Jacksons. That pic escaped President. The later ones are still silver but have a 6 pin mic connector, say Grant Classic on the front and some have an auto squelch.

a dual final radio that only does 10 and 21 watts ??

what would a typical grant push a T-star 500 to modulation wise ?

Just got one export model it does roughly 21-22+watts on SSB 12+ AM.

I love it. Moved my 959 and stored it. Running the Grant on my Chevy w/the Black widow 350 Amp. Matches up really well. The speaker need changing thou. Its kinda scratchy sounding. Gonna get some faceplate from Debs on ebay to perk it up.

Heard there not so much of an AM talker but awesome on SSB.

Just my 2¢....

Just got one export model it does roughly 21-22+watts on SSB 12+ AM.

Heard there not so much of an AM talker but awesome on SSB.
When I got mine it was doing 40 on SSB and 10 on AM.. The original owner that I got it from only used SSB so he never had the AM side tuned up.. It now does 40 peak on both but the RMS on AM is about 20 :cool:

Mine talks great on both since it has been alligned properly..I was actually gonna sell it right after I 1st got it, but it talks so good I decided to keep it.

When I got mine it was doing 40 on SSB and 10 on AM.. The original owner that I got it from only used SSB so he never had the AM side tuned up.. It now does 40 peak on both but the RMS on AM is about 20 :cool:

Mine talks great on both since it has been alligned properly..I was actually gonna sell it right after I 1st got it, but it talks so good I decided to keep it.

40 watts is far to high on both am or ssb,you will incinerate the dual 2sc2312's and they ain't easy to find these days.either that or your power meter isn't very accurate.

either way that radio is best set at 10w am/20w pep ssb.if it is doing 40w it certainly wasn't aligned properly,it was aligned for self destruction.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.