• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Quansheng UV K5

I ordered one of these today. Of course, I see there are different variations. I have no idea which one Amazon is going to send. I'll need to buy a couple more for different uses.

My main motivation for wanting one is Airband. I've always enjoyed listening to Airband. Full HF receive will do nicely, too.
Airband RX is poor at best, you must update the firmware to even get it to the poor level. The AGC on AM is all messed up, it overloads easily. I live about a mile and half from a major airport and I can barely copy the tower and ground coms. I have several other Chinese HTs that recieved the airband and they are really good, the K5 is not one of them. I have two K5's, both have different firmware installed and both exibit the same poor RX.

Airband RX is poor at best, you must update the firmware to even get it to the poor level. The AGC on AM is all messed up, it overloads easily. I live about a mile and half from a major airport and I can barely copy the tower and ground coms. I have several other Chinese HTs that recieved the airband and they are really good, the K5 is not one of them. I have two K5's, both have different firmware installed and both exibit the same poor RX.
What about the K6?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.