• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

radio propagation characteristics.

KD2GOE

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 30, 2013
Buffalo
i am looking for information on radio propagation characteristics in the amateur radio HF bands. from 160 to 10 meters how they function over the year and how they act over a 24hr pried.
i know this is relevant to the suns solar cycle but it seems certain bands are easier to work at different times of the year and times of the day.

certain bands at different times of the year has to do with length of the days in both hemispheres.

A lot of information on the net google is your best bet,

Then you can pick and choose what information you want to research.

certain bands at different times of the year has to do with length of the days in both hemispheres.

A lot of information on the net google is your best bet,

Then you can pick and choose what information you want to research.

i have been goggling it i found info here and there but the trouble is there is no comprehensive guide in it. like this is what to expect when this is going on for 160 80 40 ect

Look no further than this one; Real-Time Ionospheric Maps from NASA
latest_rti.gif

Cool thanks that helps fill it the gaps. And some cool tools ill pass this info to my friend as well...

dxChat
Help Users