• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radio Shack Pro-95

2IR473

For anyone interesed...

I got a Pro-95 and it works good.

I am real happy with the sensativity and the trunking performance of this radio. This radio is a huge improvement over my Pro-92, which is the original firmware, and doesn't trunk real well.(Haven't updated it yet)

I got the programming cable for the Pro-95 (20-289) and downloaded the freeware from Starrsoft. It makes programming the 1000 channel radio a breeze.

For $149.99 at Radio Shack, this is a great deal.

<span style="color:yellow;">Paul</span>

<span style="color:yellow;">CDX8412</span>

<span style="color:yellow;">OT8412</span>

CDXPLATE.jpg

</p>

I'll second that. I've had mine for over a year and am very happy with it. The software is the way to go for programming it...it is a real pain to do with the buttons on the scanner. I've yet to find a belt case made for it. The nicest part to me is that you can recharge your batteries while they are still in the radio...just plug it in.

hollywoodsig.gif

Base:

President Lincoln, AR-3500 Interceptor 10K

Mobile:

Magnum 357, Wilson 1000

"Most people in this world will never need a gun, however the ones

that do will need it in the worst way possible, and usually never live

to tell about it"

Jeff Cooper

</p>

I agree, I picked one up a couple of weeks ago, alot of scanner for 130 bucks. The manual is the worst I've ever seen, and the guys are correct that using the cable and free Win95 software is the easy way to program the rig. I haven't even attempted to do it by hand.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.