• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2970 Amber display

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
RCI 2970 This is the orage faced version with the pair of 2SC2290 in the amplifier or PA section. Radio was tuned and allinged it is doing 100 watts which is plenty so its not been ran hard or beat. I actually forgot I had the thing until a few months ago when I was gong through my radio closet and there it was on a shelf I brought it out and used it on 10 meters lastweek and all good reports from those I talked to I just dont use it or need it. Radio isnt new but 8 out of 10 Ide say stock mic and mouting bracket. There is also a rocker switch under the upper right hand corner you cant really see but can easily feel. Now that switch turns off the internal amplifier section so you can run it as a dual final radio or drive a bigger amplifier if you desire. I also used it on 29.6000 FM in the 10 meter band its easy and fun to run I just dont need it it has frequency expansion which was like that when I got it years ago so it covers 10 - 11 meters no other mods done so NO BUTCHERING!!! Its alligned on frequency and ready to go!! It would make for a heck of a mobile or better yet base staion I dont sell junk Ive got good feedback but once the is in your hands its yours due to people putting fingers in these as Ive been down that road but guranteed not DOA it works good.Great radio for a new tech license holder or anyone that likes to get on 10 meters now that the skip cylces in bloom.

$275.00 2-3 day priority shipped and insured like I said selling because I dont use it and Im in need of an antenna analyzer so a buddy offered to sell me an extra MFJ 259B he has. Im about as honest as they come so no burn jobs here would like to se someone use this radio and stable on SSB so 10 meters is not a problem.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.