• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RF Gain mod for Galaxy 95T

DTB Radio

Sep 14, 2005
Carlisle, PA. USA
www.dtbradio.com
I just had a customer come in and ask me to install an RF gain control in his Galaxy 95T. Stock 95T's have a 40-db pad, as opposed to a variable control. I'm posting tyhe mod here in case anyone has wished they had the variable control instead of the pad. Its a simple mod. Locate R72 just behind L5 (first receive coil, the one without a metal can on it), and run a wire from the right end of it through a 1k-5k pot to ground. Its that simple. For the RF gain to work, the radio's 40-db pad must be engaged. If you use a 5k pot, I recommend running the POT in parallel with a 2.5k resistor to keep the gain from dropping too fast with a small pot movement. If you have a 2k or 2.5k pot, that works even better.

Cool....Ive never found a use for the rf gain. I always leave it wide open myself but I do know some people that use it alot. Got any other mods up your sleeve for the 95T?? How about adding the switch to turn the amp off?? I love my 95T but sometimes it would be nice to be able to turn the amp off.
Buck

You know, I just had my best New Jersey client in today with 2 of them for the RF gain mod, and one had an amp switch installed by me some time ago. I wasn't even thinking, or I would have taken a photo for you. Basically, you install a switch inline with the control leads running form the transmitter's 8-volt source to the amp unit. I think this was covered by someone else in another thread, in a bit more detail, but the control line is plugged into the main board right in front of the circuit board jumper bringing voltage to the driver and final of the main board.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.