• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RF2200

zafar101

Jan 12, 2009
Hi. my RF2200 was not used for several years, so I took it to ATLAS repair shop in Pittsburgh.They cleaned and worked on it.But now it doesnt receive any short wave on any of the bands SW1 to SW6.Some beeps and electronic noise can be heard, but no stations.Are there no longer any SW broadcasts, or did the repair shop damage the radio?How can I find out.?

Hi guy,

There are certainly signals to be heard on those bands so I'd say you have some sort of problem. If this shop worked on your radio very recently, then I'd take it back and tell them what it is doing. They may well have (accidentally) messed something up.

BTW, what is a RF 2200? Brand?

TNX & good luck!

interview.gif

I have been doing some research on the Panasonic RF-2200 as I just became the owner of one! I have wanted one of these for a long time and usually they want big bucks for an example. I got mine for 16 dollars at a flea market! (y)
From recent reads on the radio, your problem points out a problem in the band switch and it may need correct cleaning to remedy it. DeOxit is the best I have heard.....
I hope they can cure the fault and they may caused it by using the wrong cleaner.... but that is an unknown....
Try moving the switch back an forth a few times to see if it clears up.... (y)

Good luck mechanic

If you disasemble the rf2200 bandswitch watch out for the tiny ball bearing under a leaf spring, i can tell you from experience it will fly out at nearly the speed of sound and be lost in the void (garage shop in my case) forever.If you need a service manual they have one on the yahoo groups rf2200 site for free along with lots of info from other rf2200 owners.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.