• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM Italy KL-203 Question?

Grogan

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 1, 2011
Southern New Jersey
My little Kl-203 amp crapped out, I know they are cheap and disposable but. Are the RM-3 mosfets supposed to have the heat sink compound on them and secured to the aluminum case. Mine has what looks like a clear piece of tape over the heat sink paste and none of that paste is on the RM-3's. Maby they forgot to take the tape off when they were assembled????:mad:

Here's a link to the relay repair I did on one that was dead pretty much out of the box. Maybe the cheapo relay is fried in yours too and it's not the mosfets. And no...you can see in the pictures there was no thermal compound on them at all. I also broke the plastic off the relay just to see what it looked like in there..lol

http://www.worldwidedx.com/amplifiers/91765-rm-kl-203-repair.html

What was happening when it crapped out? Can you hear the relay clicking when you key up? There should also be a sight delay when you un-key and the relay resets for receive.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.