• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM Italy KL300P

Overtimeman

Apr 21, 2023
I've had a Pres.Bill 2 and Stryker A 10 with the KL200 at one watt dead key.Everyone I've talked to said it sounds clear.Like every one else I wanted a little more power so I bought the KL 300P.There are no more CB shops around anymore to get advice.I don't want to overdrive the latest amp so what watts should I dead key into the 300P.Thanks for any info!

I have one of those amps also because I wanted a little more power also. I used the same dead key as the KL-200 P & the KL-203-P and didn't see any adverse affects but didn't use it long enough to be a expert before Hunger struck again and jumped up to a KL-503 P. Hook it up and run it !

I have one of those amps also because I wanted a little more power also. I used the same dead key as the KL-200 P & the KL-203-P and didn't see any adverse affects but didn't use it long enough to be a expert before Hunger struck again and jumped up to a KL-503 P. Hook it up and run it !
Thanks!How many watts dead key is going into your amps if you don't mind me asking?73's

Reactions: whiteastro
Another dumb question.Can you run the high and low switch in the middle on the AM band too?I really appreciate all the help from this forum.73's

Reactions: whiteastro
Another dumb question.Can you run the high and low switch in the middle on the AM band too?I really appreciate all the help from this forum.73's
If your KL-300 P is like mine there is no middle position on that Hi-Lo switch on the R/H side. Hi is SSB & Lo is AM. Unless they have changed it, if so maybe someone else will Chime In ! PS. My KL-300 P is Blue so don't know if that means anything. I have noticed other operators talking different colors in some of the amps I have. All my KLs are blue except for the 503 P that is Black.

Last edited:
Reactions: Overtimeman
The 300p should have three switches. From left to right the first is power on/off and pre amp. The middle switch is SSB/AM. The last switch is Hi / Lo power. The older one’s were red, the newer versions are blue or black.

Like I said I only run mine a little before I jumped up to the KL-503 P so I guess I always run mine in Hi power. But what difference does Hi & Lo power make because I haven't found that listed yet or I missed it somewhere? PS. AM never interested me because SSB is on my Bucket List ! LOL

Reactions: Overtimeman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.