• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

round 2

1iwilly

Dec 7, 2008
well here we go again on oct 7th taking my general license test 10 meters is not for me all i hear is a signal report how many watts and what kind of antenna and if the guy doesn't get a 59 report he won't log you in LOL, little bitch
and that's it what happened to a short simple qso hi how are you doing I've been listening on 20 and 40 meters and it seems more normal for me

• Haha
Reactions: Rwb

Don't forget you have VHF privileges. You can get into a VHF handheld/mobile pretty cheap. Hopefully, you can find a friendlier crowd there.

Reactions: 1iwilly
Don't forget you have VHF privileges. You can get into a VHF handheld/mobile pretty cheap. Hopefully, you can find a friendlier crowd there.
i have a baofeng for the 2 meters but 2 meters is dead at this moment and if i pass the test like i know i will i will have to wait until this stupid government shut is over because fcc is part of the scenario

well here we go again on oct 7th taking my general license test 10 meters is not for me all i hear is a signal report how many watts and what kind of antenna and if the guy doesn't get a 59 report he won't log you in LOL, little bitch
and that's it what happened to a short simple qso hi how are you doing I've been listening on 20 and 40 meters and it seems more normal for me
i decided all 10 meters is,is a contest.sadly many great oppertunitys to have a visit but head count is all i see. not my cup o tea. rarely do i get on 10.when they say qrzed im like aint no qrzed bye bye..
you can run power on 10 legally and works same as 11 meters signal wise. at times wish id never got the license. radioing changed a lot since my first license. let em run out years ago.got em again 4 years ago n its just not the same

i decided all 10 meters is,is a contest.sadly many great oppertunitys to have a visit but head count is all i see. not my cup o tea. rarely do i get on 10.when they say qrzed im like aint no qrzed bye bye..
you can run power on 10 legally and works same as 11 meters signal wise. at times wish id never got the license. radioing changed a lot since my first license. let em run out years ago.got em again 4 years ago n its just not the same
yea i know all they care about is hearing 59 for signal antenna type and you call sign that's not me oct 7th i go for my general better choices have a few friends there already for normal qso

yea i know all they care about is hearing 59 for signal antenna type and you call sign that's not me oct 7th i go for my general better choices have a few friends there already for normal qso
i was thinkin o going up next step but after a day at a friends house listening to his radio i said no not spending that much for no more than i heard

Reactions: 1iwilly
Well it is what you like I guess... the contest weekends are pretty intense a lot of times. This week 10 has been open to the Pacific and the western part of the USA. There are a lot of folks that do enjoy to rag chew around the world. It isn't all ways 59 and what's my signal. Just have to listen lol.

Reactions: S&W357 and Rwb
I was so anxious to get my station back on the air, so I could enjoy QSOing with my radio friends. Now that I'm up and running, I'm really disappointed. Just like 1iwilly said, just signal reports and generally BS. Inconsiderate operators stepping all over my attempted QSOs. And let's not forget the children, like Mr. 1111111 and the like. Not much fun at all.
Been waiting for my amatuer license to get issued by our slow government for over a month, but it is what it is. Really itching to get my TS-430 on the air.

- J.J. 399

I Rarely ever log any QSO's & when I do it' in my paper logs. I have really bad Arthritis so it's painful to write & I don't do any form of electronic logs. I feel it's a personal choice & a log is not required & has not been for a long time. I am a DX Chaser for the most part on HF & I chase grid squares on VHF on both 6 & 2 meters & it's Very Rare that I ever work a new one since I have been doing them since 1994 but if I work a new grid of entity I will put them in my log. I don't do contests or nets & I don't chase any awards I just chase the DX & rag chew.

like i said 10 meters could be greatest band ever for just tech class.legally can run power and get in dx ing. 10 lays dead till CONTEST time.
however the last week seems like saturdat was a net from cali i managed to get on that with 35 watts.was exciting and there was no sq qrzed . im still looking for qrzed. i know about qrz but no qrzed

like i said 10 meters could be greatest band ever for just tech class.legally can run power and get in dx ing. 10 lays dead till CONTEST time.
however the last week seems like saturdat was a net from cali i managed to get on that with 35 watts.was exciting and there was no sq qrzed . im still looking for qrzed. i know about qrz but no qrzed
200 watts is more than enough for working Any DX. I have worked the world with ease on 10 watts from my ICOM 703 PLUS. What DX can't be worked with 200 watts? Anyone not working DX on 10 meters with 200 watts is using a Dummy Load for an antenna. In a Contest everyone is 59 so power does not really matter as long as they hear you. I work DX most every day on 10 meters with just 100 watts from the 7610 & an Antron 99 at just 30' so it can't be very tough. {:>)

Reactions: Rwb
yesterday a lady was on 10 meters. a grouchy fuddy duddy jumped on her informing her she couldnt use 10 meters with tech license. i flipped up my power n got his attention,read him the rules as set by fcc then told her she was within her rights ,he wasnt. she was calling cq on 28.425 lsb. as far as i know thats ok,a calling freq her tech license handled. he shut up and i about got her callsign n band dropped out

Reactions: Dr_DX

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.