• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rx NOAA HF Transmissions on 33m

WQ2H

Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2023
Live Free or Die
www.qrz.com
Very good conditions recently for Rx the NOAA HF transmissions, especially on 33m (9110 kHz). Some of the maps in the last few weeks are the best I've ever received.

For those interested in giving it a try - here is the transmitter schedule. I find (here in New Hampshire) Boston the best, then Nova Scotia a distant second. I use the SeaTTY decoder. Attached are some images I received on 33m. Good luck. :cool:

Jim, WQ2H

Attachments

• All_03Dec2023_NOAA.jpg
    All_03Dec2023_NOAA.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 46
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

RE: SeaTTY - Just make sure you tune to the -1.9kHz carrier frequency (for 9110 your radio would tune to 9108.1 USB), and use the HF-FAX mode - that way incoming images will start automatically once Tx starts.

These are in fact "re-transmissions of some NOAA data" by the Coast Guard.

Additional Info from "dlwtrunked" on Radio Reference: (Thank you !)

"The transmissions on 9119 kHz are the U.S. Coast Guard/NMF Boston (transmitters at Camp Edwards wildlife area, MA 41°42'45"N 70°30'9"W) not NOAA. They simply transmit some NOAA HF stuff. The linked schedule shows other non-NOAA transmisions (as your attachment shows). The USCG does them primarily to alert vessels of icebergs etc. So really they are USCG rather than NOAA HF though NOAA assists. Your probably know that but it did not read that way."

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.