• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shoulder replacement

G-Golly Wally

WDX 719 SE Oklahoma
Nov 5, 2008
Southeastern Oklahoma
It's been a busy two weeks off, I haven't even turned my radio on since I've been home and I'm leaving for work tomorrow. First it was taxes, then pick up the camper shell, then my wife had shoulder replacement surgery and I've been trying to help her since she's came home from the hospital. She had surgery on the same shoulder last year but being hard headed went back to work to soon and really messed it up, now they had to replace it.
Looks painful!
Screenshot_20230325_220257_Messages.jpg

That's crappy.
I have a shoulder injury, I only need physio.
Hope she get better soon & stay's off work & doing anything that will put her back on the cutting table.

She said she was going to listen to the Dr this time. She's the type that can't be still always has to be doing something, I'm the exact opposite of her, I have no problem with just chilling. Over the years I've wondered if it's because of our work. With her job a lot of the time she has down time when business is slow and all she can do is sit and wait for a haircut to walk in. With my job, I don't get much down time, I start work at 5:30 and a lot of the time I don't catch a break until 2:30 or 3:00 in the afternoon, boiled eggs and snack crackers are my best friends they can be eaten on the go. When I get home I don't want to be on a schedule I like to do things at my pace it drives her nuts, I usually get things done just not at the pace she would like but we make it work. She'd really go crazy if she could see work Wally compared to home Wally. Lol.

I had a shoulder replaced November 10th and I'm still going through therapy. Somehow the long head of the bicep was dropped or something so the bicep looks Popeye syndrome.
They tried to blame the bicep on me but I think if I would have yanked the bicep tendon out of where they had it put I would have known it.
Regardless it's getting better for the 4 month mark.
I don't understand these doctors sometime they told me it would be 6 weeks I could go back to work. At the 12-week point I was just getting off of my 1 lb maximum to lift.
Are you going to go to work and only lift 1 lb I guess if you're at a desk it's okay but not a driver.

Anyway I hope your wife gets along good. If she can have her to do all of her PT as expensive as they are.

For me it was 4 weeks in the sling.
2 months stretching.
And probably another 2 months of strengthening.

Reactions: G-Golly Wally
I feel the pain. Had a total knee replacement two years ago. Last Wednesday Dad had a hip replacement. Man, getting old sucks but I guess it beats the alternative of dying young.
That's a good way to look at it we're still above the dirt let live what the good lord gave us.

Reactions: G-Golly Wally
My wife will argue with a fence post. We stopped and got her some gummies for pain before we got home because she doesn't like taking Hydrocdone. They told her to take one gummy for pain, when I asked her if she needed another gummy last night she said no they didn't do anything for me. I laughed and said you slept most of the day, she said no I didn't. I said Ooo yes you did, she said I was up and down all day, I said Ooo no you weren't. Then she said well how do you know, you wasn't even here half the time. I laughed again and Ooo yes I was.:ROFLMAO:
She was like this I know for about 6 hours, pretty sure she wasn't feeling any pain but she swears she didn't sleep good.
20230324_191816.jpg

Reactions: Keto
My wife would kill me if I posted what you just did above. LOL
SHhhhhh she doesn't know about that;)
I need to update her recovery. Recovery number one she screwed up the shoulder, Recovery number two she's actually doing what the Dr told her. She still has a ways to go, still not sure she'll be able to cut hair again, we'll just have to cross that bear when she gets there as corporeal Radar O Riley used to say.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.