• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Silent key N6NHG, Kevin

nomadradio

Analog Retentive
Apr 3, 2005
Louisville, KY
www.nomadradio.com
A longtime ham better known for computer and security exploits Kevin Mitnick passed Sunday July 16, 2023. Kevin was a lifelong hacker, kinda like most hams. At heart, at least.

You can gargle pages and pages of Kevin's exploits. I went to gargle when I heard the news. Counted 129 links before it offered the "less relevant" search results. Lotsa people who post to the web passed on or commented on the news. He appeared on stage at numerous hacker, er "computer security" conferences since being released from fed lockup a long time ago. His talks are consistently entertaining. I could post a link to a YouTube vid, but there are plenty to choose from. Anyone who had met the guy has a "Kevin" story. I'll save mine for another day. Peruse YT and choose one at random. You'll see what I mean, most likely.

I do remember one gen-xer who said he had been "Mitnicked" over his escapades. A nineties thing, I guess.

I need to clip the scene from the flick "Patton" where he says the victorious Roman emperor returning to Rome would have a slave standing just behind him repeating "all fame is fleeting" in one ear as the victory procession made its way across the city.

Nobody is famous forever.

Reactions: Rwb
A longtime ham better known for computer and security exploits Kevin Mitnick passed Sunday July 16, 2023. Kevin was a lifelong hacker, kinda like most hams.
I learned of Kevin Mitnick from listening to re-runs of Art Bell. You should have led with "Mitnick" in the title instead of some obscure call sign. Would have garnered more interest. Suprised to learn of this here and not on any of the mainstream news feeds.

Always a shock when "someone" you know passes away. RIP.

Reactions: Rwb
I learned of Kevin Mitnick from listening to re-runs of Art Bell. You should have led with "Mitnick" in the title instead of some obscure call sign. Would have garnered more interest. Suprised to learn of this here and not on any of the mainstream news feeds.

Always a shock when "someone" you know passes away. RIP.
i remember him,art bell as well. law dawgs killed art didnt they?
i listened to midnite in the desert all the time
think crystal gail wrote a song about that pair too

Some 1990s nostalgia. Thanks for the "Free Kevin" sticker, Dennis.

Now Kevin really is free.

c8PK3v.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.