• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio 5000...two questions

What type of magnets did you use on the bottom side? Speaker magnets? Get them at the local hardware store? I really like that idea as Ive knocked my antenna down occasionally while out 4 wheelin. I think maybe I could fit one between the inside of my roof and above my headliner. :laugh:

I bought a tri mag mount that had 3 5" magnets, cost 30 dollars , the other 2 are a 5" truck stop mag mount that I got for 10 dollars and the last one is a sirio 125 mag mount that I bought for testing.
If you decide to get magnets, buy a quad mount and take it apart and use the magnets, that or a tri mount , the tri mount should work fine as it will cover a good amount of area on the underside. And yes it really works, I have smacked a few trees with the new heavier whip setup and no moving, and I have been up to 70+ Mph and no issues.

Reactions: 1 person
If looking for just one, order another 145 mag mount and stick it on the underside. I would go with the tri mount if possible and use as many magnets as possible
emyvumy6.jpg

One of these should work if you only want to use one. They do help. Hope this helps. Search eBay for magnet mounts and find the cheapest one at least 5" inches. Most of the mag mounts are the same with a different top, the 5" magnet is pretty strong, I use the one I posted in my setup, that's the one i got from the truck stop. Good luck and good bless. Merry Christmas and happy new year!! God bless. 73's.

Reactions: 2 people
Like M0GVZ said you should be able to do much more with your setup. I know that you will really enjoy it. I know the Sirio 5000 is the best mobile antenna that I've ever used. And I like the fact that I can use it on both 10 & 11 meters with really great results.

Couldn't have said it any better milkman.... Great antenna!

Thanks SE-1, I know that you are really burning up the airwaves with yours. Owning the UK and others.

Just been lucky with conditions.... I never talked to the UK before a few months ago. since that first contact I've been lucky enough to have a few more chances. may not ever have that chance again knock on wood. Back in June I was getting skip from New York and Boston. haven't heard those areas since. Almost all my dx comes from the west coast now. I do get to talk to AZ590 on a regular basis out of Phoenix. we've been lucky, we'll set up a time and date Via PM and so far it's worked every time. Phoenix is the hot spot in my area right now.....

Didn't you get prosecuted by OFCOM or is there another George from Glasgow who flies off the handle at the slightest thing? Some of those on Transmission1 seemed to think you were and its interesting that there's mention of a ban in the following video.....

Is this you George?

Is this you George?

Are you the "Milton Nutter" as your local paper described George the nutjob on the CB?

Scan_204.jpg

You've had 3 bans on here, a lifetime ban from TM1 and a lifetime ban from HRD...certainly compelling evidence.

Lmfao, your unbelievable, to answer your first question,yes I have been busted,it was in 1983, I was 16 and still knew more than you but quite frankly didn't give a fuck and ran lots of power right next to an analogue telephone exchange via a 3 element beam and mighty magnum 3,its no secrer

Do I fly off the handle at the slightest thing? First I knew of it,but I'm not known for my tolerance.

Am I Podgy (George 108AT144),No sadly for you I don't come from Milton although I am very familiar with the area,an area you would be shitting yourself in, I also don't gob off on cb then hide under the bed when people come to my door like the guy you think I am, you really don't want to know what I do, but I will say this when I got busted the 8 or so cops and 3 GPO RIS workers got a bit of a fright when a 16 year old wae a claw hammer answered the door at 3am.So no Ofcom haven't been to my door,they weren't even invented when I got busted.

Do I know George Podgy,not personally but I've heard him,probably spoke to him in the past and totally disagree with what he does as I use SSB with courtesay,and have done for over 30 years,nothing compared to your 3 years of expertise.

What makes you think I got banned from ham radio deals? Because I'm not as far as I know, I just got fed up with your shite and stopped going on it,did you not get banned though?

I know for a fact you got banned from TM1,people wanted me back, you weren't quite as popular if I recall, don't have me linking to the thread now,I think the quote was Jazzsinger v Retard threads,That's what the internet was made for along with my signature that Bob85 made to you after I got banned, I'm sure others will correct me if anything I've said is untrue,

How many forums have you been banned from out of curiosity?

have you lost count yet,cause I have.Cobra 200 GTL Dx were more popular on uk forums than you were.Or am I lying on that too?

So your compelling evidence is most definately evidence of psychological projection, and your lack of intellect, I thought normal service was being resumed a couple of years ago,you off they meds again? What's wae all these conspiracy theories ? Are you genuinely stalking me? llf

If your so concerned about Podgy,why don't you go to Milton and have a word with him,his street is in that article you printed from a local glasgow muck raking mag called the digger.It certainly didn't make the local paper,lol. I'd pay to watch you walk through Milton,lmao. You'd last 5 minutes maximum.

I'd bare in mind anyone is free to go to TM1 and search Jazzsinger or Retard and they'll be able to read all the stuff you claim never happened. I'm quite suure not many thought I was Podgy,lol.

You've been quite noticeable on this forum by your absence this two months or so. Earn another ban?

Its quite a damning indictment of you that your first day back and you're off with the abuse again...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.