• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sitting on 28.455 right now

eggman1989

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Jun 4, 2011
I am sitting on 28.455. Called CQ some and listening too. Planning on being here for a while if anyone wants to have chat. if you don't hear me call CQ just hollar thinking about hooking the ts-820 up and letting warm up and giving it a spin been a long time since I used it.

kj4unx

Reactions: 1 person

I have not heard anything. But I have called cq a time or 2 as well in the last few min. Well as I am typing this I did just barely hear something but could not make it out for the noise. But I am still here still calling in case 10m breaks wide open. Never give up on 10m.

kj4unx

I have not heard anything. But I have called cq a time or 2 as well in the last few min. Well as I am typing this I did just barely hear something but could not make it out for the noise. But I am still here still calling in case 10m breaks wide open. Never give up on 10m.

kj4unx

I suspect that E to W propagation should open up better in the next couple of hours. Already made a couple of contacts in FL earlier.

Conditions on 10m presently are 'Fair'.

EDIT:
Can hear something; just barely breaking above the noise floor.

Yeah I heard someone calling cq less than 5 min ago. But could not make out what he was saying. I called back just to see if they could hear me. And nothing. oh well I have till 6 am monday morning.

kj4unx

I have everything dissconnected because of storms that are coming but maybe Ill just run out and untuck the Antron 99 coax and bring it in for awhile and just leave my beams coaxes tucked away That way Ill only have one coax to run with when the storms roll in later ;)

Tony, it would be great to talk to you. But don't do anything that could mess up your rig. Or anything else. Hope the storms are not too bad

kj4unx

cool I am there now. again. Finally got the ts-820s dipped and loaded and warmed up. Calling like I aint got nothing else to do. hi hi

kj4unx

ok sounds good to me. cause I cant hear anyone on 10m at all. figured it laid down now. but will check it out tomorrow for sure. I really want to make a few contacts with this old kenwood to see how it is still working.

73 kj4unx

I finally have a Saturday off. So after I get done whatever the XYL worries me about in the morning. I plan on check the frequency out some during the day. Anyone else planning on being around some this weekend?

kj4unx

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.