• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

static ball necessary ?

:D :D SHHHHHH! The keydown crowd will be trying to do it on purpose! ;) Or, maybe they already DO!! Anybody know if they do this with those 10,000 stations?

CWM

BTW, I just remembered. If any of you have ever seen a Tesla coil where static charges jump around all over the place, well, that's approximately the same effect that occurs with "corona".
:D

CWM

thetnhillbilly said:
From what I've read, corona balls are good for dealing with rolling static and dust static, but most are too small to do any real good. If you are going to replace it, put a larger one on and let us know if it helps. k0bg's site has some info that is a pretty interesting read with some practical suggestions. Here is a link:
www.k0bg.com/
THanks for the link TN HILLBILLY !!
KOBG's site is very educational , well written & UNDERSTANDABLE for an old CB'er like me . He has certainly put a lot of work into it . I think I'll shoot him an e-mail to express my gratitude, and thanks to you for the link !

C W Morse said:
it is because the highest RF current is up at the tip.
CWM

I always thought the high current was at the feed point and the high voltage was at the tip.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.