• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Strange radio

Looks like it may have been Marantz?
Per these other pics I found. But they are definitely rare birds.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230930_070417_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230930_070417_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    550.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230930_070508_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230930_070508_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 7
Looks like it may have been Marantz?
Per these other pics I found. But they are definitely rare birds.
Well, I got the first 2 letters correct :giggle:
They're a neat little radio anyway. Quite a few of the mobiles on the bay, but the base is more of a rarity.
Thanks for doing the research, I had no idea on the history.
It's like looking up rock and roll bands, you see just about all of them played with each other or did studio work with each other at one time or another.
History is always interesting to me...even though a lot is lost in the dust of my mind.

Reactions: lonestarbandit
I dont know why that radio makes me all weak in the knees.
No, I won't drop 600-800 on one but man that whole "Thunderbirds" vibe is kicking with that sexy beast!

I dont know why that radio makes me all weak in the knees.
No, I won't drop 600-800 on one but man that whole "Thunderbirds" vibe is kicking with that sexy beast!
Probably for the best. Radio is dusty with the kind of look that says it sat on a shelf or table for many years, clock doesn't work, and the seller has it listed as "new".

Seller has 0 feedback, buying or selling, a rare item, and a high price.

Not saying it's a scam, but there's a few red flags here. Like if you went to the United Nations building and they had a red flag on every flagpole.

Probably for the best. Radio is dusty with the kind of look that says it sat on a shelf or table for many years, clock doesn't work, and the seller has it listed as "new".

Seller has 0 feedback, buying or selling, a rare item, and a high price.

Not saying it's a scam, but there's a few red flags here. Like if you went to the United Nations building and they had a red flag on every flagpole.
Exactly. I certainly didn't mean that EXACT base radio. I agree with your warning signs. just that as a MODEL I am attracted to it.

I love the looks of that Superscope CB-1040 too. Superscope radios are great AM talkers. I had two CB-640s and they kicked ass on AM. Gave them away when the locals discovered cb. That 1040 looks impressive with all those buttons and knobs, but over half of them are for the clock and the PA/CB. Has a useless TONE control and no Mike Gain.
$600 bucks is outrageous, especially for an AM-only rig. Some collector will probably pick it up. Hopefully the seller isn't a scammer.

I love the looks of that Superscope CB-1040 too. Superscope radios are great AM talkers. I had two CB-640s and they kicked ass on AM. Gave them away when the locals discovered cb. That 1040 looks impressive with all those buttons and knobs, but over half of them are for the clock and the PA/CB. Has a useless TONE control and no Mike Gain.
$600 bucks is outrageous, especially for an AM-only rig. Some collector will probably pick it up. Hopefully the seller isn't a scammer.

Yes. It's rediculous and the clock is dead. But from an aesthetic viewpoint to me they're super cool lol. Hope I find one at a garage sale one day lol

Last edited:
Reactions: unit_399
Here's one of those with a working clock. Cheaper, too.

Hey hey you were supposed to KEEP ME FROM BIDDING remember lol that is SO cool looking. If only it was SSB as well.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.