• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Suburban's new LOOK

damn man. Are you supplying power to your town or what? with all those amps. He He

Very impressive H-Jack .......Those antenna mounts your using ? Is there a site on where to buy those ? How big are the bottom plates on those that come with the mount or did you make your own ? thanks

I made all my bottom plates under my mounts, I think I made them 10"x14" more support front to back. Depends which mount too, my front mount is a standard DaveMade puck mount, My rear mount is a Brass swivel mount I got from CBRelectronics. And I also have a BadBoy mount 1' infront of my rear mount, if I want to run a single antenna.

10 by 14 sounds like some serious support there !! IM guessing your antenna's would either bend or snap off but your mounts would more then likely stay in place ? maybe get a little tweeked ? must get a little tough with those types of antenna's not being able to use a spring of some kind ? I would think one would take some extra care not to go under things that might cause some serious damage ? .....IM guessing they could more then likely handle a few branches here and there or a Jack in the Box drive through from time to time ? My cars steel is very thin skined )-: IM a fan of the 96inch Fransis Amazer over the years (without a spring) I ran one on a old Mustang of mine years ago in the middle of the roof .....good steel on that car but I still had to drill a few more holes for the added plate I had used for the better stability. thanks for the info Jack and have a nice Thanksgiving to you and your family. Switch Kit

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.