• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Super star 500 information

drivers1492

Jan 20, 2014
My fiances father passed recently and she collected his things. Amongst them is some various radio equipment that I have been looking up. I haven't been able to find anything really about this power supply/amp/pre amp. I hoped possibly I someone here could possibly point me in the right direction. It says its a super star 500 base station power supply amplifier. Has a pre amp built in, at least thats what the switch on the front says. I was trying to find the specs on this particular one but there are no model number plates on the device that I can find. Anyone have one or possibly familiar with this particular unit? I would appreciate it greatly. Google has only shown me some partial cached pages for a few that were for sale and one post on this site. It looks like this one here http://www.worldwidedx.com/cb-radio-gear-swapshop/92420-super-star-500-base-linear.html and I'm basically wondering if the specs quoted are the same.

There are really no specs on CB style amps, often they are sold with no paperwork, or if you are lucky they will have a sheet of paper that says the output and drive of the built in amp.
The Amp part of the supply is basically a Knock off Palomar 400 ( some info on the amp can be found here Palomar 400 Service Manual thanks to bennie )
that uses 4 1466 transistors and vertical transformers.
The power supply is a basic regulated power supply that will produce about 35/40 amps.
They were sold under a few names, Palomar Elite 500, Power Deluxe 500, Boomer 500.
And although they say class AB on the front, it is a class c amp with a fixed SSB delay.
There is also a smaller version that has a 25 amp power supply, and a 2 transistor amp built in.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

Attachments

• palomar.jpg
    palomar.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010015 (Small).JPG
    P1010015 (Small).JPG
    55 KB · Views: 19
  • superstar500.jpg
    superstar500.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 53
  • $T2eC16RHJG8FGrlqhTwmBR8CV7y5yQ~~60_35.JPG
    $T2eC16RHJG8FGrlqhTwmBR8CV7y5yQ~~60_35.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 51
  • P1010012 (Small).JPG
    P1010012 (Small).JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 15
Excellent, thank you. That helps quite a bit. That last pic has the same mic I think those are pretty common as well. Most of what is here is trashed out but this unit looked close to new so I figured I would see if it was worth selling or if not giving to someone local that messes with this stuff. Couldn't really see if it was worth anything not being able to find info on it though. Thanks again I will sort through that pdf a bit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.